Dr. Laurie Guidry is a sex
offender consultant offering services designed to examine,
inform and guide an effective response to a range of sex offender-related
concerns including clinical, systemic and ethical issues that
can arise within:
• Mental health agencies and other organizational
• Individual sexual offender cases
Sex offender consultation services for multi-disciplined
mental health agencies and organizational systems
can serve to facilitate the establishment and implementation
of more effective, efficient and informed clinical and risk
management responses and policies to address the multi-dimensional
challenges that sex offenders present in these settings.
Sex offender consultation services for individuals
offers analysis of and recommendations for individual case
issues as derived from a clinically and systemically informed
conceptual context for both non-impaired sex offenders as
well as those with co-morbid challenges including, but not
limited to, chronic mental illness, developmental disabilities
and other clinical challenges.
Consultation services can include:
- Examination of existing practices and/or clinical approaches.
- Recommendations for refined or alternative strategies.
- Development of tailored assessment, treatment and risk
- Specialized protocol design as needed.
- Identification and resolution of gaps in training and
staff skill set.
- Review and resolution of systemic barriers to efficacy.